Cops snare killers
TOP cops who snared a duo of killers who gunned down a young father in a busy barber shop have spoken exclusively to the Times. Det Supt Gary Richardson and Det Insp Kenny McDonald, both of Operation Trident, the Metropolitan Police s unit tackling gun c
TOP cops who snared a duo of killers who gunned down a young father in a busy barber shop have spoken exclusively to the Times.
Det Supt Gary Richardson and Det Insp Kenny McDonald, both of Operation Trident, the Metropolitan Police's unit tackling gun crime in the black community, were heavily involved in bringing Femi Forde and Richard Osborne to justice for killing Wayne Freckleton.
Osborne, 28, of Jeffries House, Brett Crescent, Stonebridge, and Forde, 24, of Harlesden Gardens, Harlesden, were found guilty of shooting Mr Freckleton, 25, of the Church End Estate, dead in Ike's barbers in Acton Lane, Harlesden, on April 25 last year.
Both face a minimum of 30 years behind bars following the murder which was exacted in revenge for a double killing at the Tudor Rose nightclub six years earlier.
You may also want to watch:
The officers called for an end to violence which brought nothing but misery to the borough but also thanked the community for their role in putting away two dangerous men.
Det Insp McDonald said: "I think the community is getting to the point where they are saying that enough is enough.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Sudbury estate residents slam council's parking plans
"People were saying it is their civic duty to act on this as it was in the middle of the day."
The killers struck after being tipped off that Mr Freckleton was in the barber shop waiting for his cousin to get his hair cut.
Not wanting to miss their opportunity, the duo tricked a friend, Aaron Bernard, into driving them down to the shop where they then pumped two shots into Mr Freckleton.
To read the full story of how the pair were caught and the impact the killing has had on family and friends turn to page five.