Cops carry out dawn raids on the Stonebridge Estate
Four addresses target in clampdown on drug dealing
SUSPECTED drug dealers were jolted out of their beds after police carried out a series of dawn raids in Stonebridge this morning (Monday).
To kick-start a week of action in the area, four separate addresses in Fawood Avenue, Barry Road, Crawford Street and Nanson House in Stonebridge Park Road, were stormed between 6.30 and 7.30am.
A 28-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession of class B drugs after cops seized a quantity of cannabis in a house in Fawood Avenue.
The Times witnessed the action on three out of the four addresses.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Greg Wakefield of Stonebridge Safer Neighbourhood Team said: “This is a warning to people that if you deal in drugs or take controlled substances there is not place to hide because the police will find you.”
As part of Stonebridge SNT’s week of action, officers will be carrying out licensing checks, visiting schools in the ward to discuss alcohol and drug abuse with pupils and engaging with members of the travelling community about alcohol and domestic violence issues,
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
They will also be Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) checks on cars.