Cookie's still got a big part to play
By Ben Kosky FORMER QPR midfielder Marcus Bean is backing his friend Lee Cook to help the Rs reach the top flight at the end of the season. Cook has yet to feature this campaign after undergoing a knee operation in the summer, but has now resumed running
By Ben Kosky
FORMER QPR midfielder Marcus Bean is backing his friend Lee Cook to help the Rs reach the top flight at the end of the season.
Cook has yet to feature this campaign after undergoing a knee operation in the summer, but has now resumed running and is in line to challenge for a first-team place next month.
And Bean, who is a regular in the Brentford side just a few miles down the road, told the Times: "Cookie's had a horrendous time with injuries and I'm really sad for him. Fingers crossed he'll be able to get himself fit and hopefully break into the side around January because he's a great player.
You may also want to watch:
"He's had problems for a couple of years but when he is fit he's by far the best left-winger outside the Premier League.
"I'm gutted for him that he didn't get a chance in the Premier League with Fulham but it'll come for him again, I think - QPR have got a good chance this season."
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
Bean was struggling himself with a groin injury during the summer, but has signed a new two-year deal at Brentford since regaining fitness.
He added: "I turn up to work and I'm happy - that's the main thing in any job. You get better productivity out of people when they're happy and I'm enjoying my football.