Full-back Kakay extends deal with QPR
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Defender has signed new contract with club through to summer of 2021
Queens Park Rangers defender Osman Kakay has signed a new deal with the Championship club that will keep him at Loftus Road until the summer of 2021.
The Sierra Leone international’s previous deal was due to expire at the end of the current term.
However, the 21-year-old right-back, who has made 11 first-team appearances for the west Londoners, has extended his deal to remain with QPR for the foreseeable future.
Kakay told the club website: “I have been here for 13 years and see QPR as my home so I am delighted to extend my stay.
You may also want to watch:
“I have played six games this season and am very hungry to play more for the club.
“I have seen what it takes to play at first-team level and I hope there are more opportunities to come.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
“Steve McClaren has been great. From the moment he has come in, the training has been really good and I feel I am improving every day as a player which is a real positive for me.”