Furlong extends QPR stay
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Right-back has extended deal with Rs until 2021
Queens Park Rangers defender Darnell Furlong has extended his contract until the summer of 2021.
The 22-year-old’s previous deal was due to expire next summer, but the son of former Rs legend Paul has agreed to extend his stay.
A product of the QPR academy, Furlong established himself in the first team at the backend of last season and is excited about his future at Loftus Road.
“I am delighted. No contract is more special than the one you’re signing now and having been here since I was ten it means a lot,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Contracts aren’t just given to you, you have to work hard to earn them. You can’t take it for granted and already I’m thinking about what I need to do to earn the next one. Nothing is going to change for me.
“I am just happy this has been sorted out so that I can focus fully on doing what I need to do to get out on the pitch.”
- 1 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 2 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 3 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'