Conservatives hold Kenton ward in Brent
- Credit: Archant
The Conservatives have maintained their stronghold of the Kenton ward with a clean sweep of all three seats.
Reg Colwill, Suresh Kansagra and Bhiku Patel won with votes of 1,796, 1,798 and 1,609, respectively.
Cllr Cowill, who has now served as a councillor for 25 years, said: “It is wonderful to be supported by our residents again. I’m glad the residents see fit to put back in again and look after them. We will serve the as best as we can.
Cllr Kansagra is also the leader of Brent Conservatives, he said: “I am grateful to the residents of Kenton for electing us. The trust they have placed in us, we will promise to repay. We will work hard for them over the next four years.
“We will listen to all their problems and deal with their enquiries and concerns the best we can.”
You may also want to watch:
Thanking residents, Cllr Patel added: “I like to thanks the residents for voting for us. We will be here to listen to them and help them always.”
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 5 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 8 'Universal credit cut is the worst possible decision at the worst possible time'
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
Nadhin AHMED, Labour: 946
Syed ALAM, Labour: 1,139
Graham ALLEN, Green Party: 348
Reg COLWILL, Conservative: 1,796 ELECTED
Lewis HODGETTES, Labour: 1,040
Suresh KANSAGRA, Conservative: 1,798 ELECTED
Bhiku PATEL, Conservative: 1,609 ELECTED
Violet STEELE, Lib Dem: 221
Ieva TOMSONE, Lib Dem: 125
Vivienne WILLIAMSON, Lib Dem: 153