Concerns raised over Sudbury and Harrow Road train station after it ‘vanishes off the map’
Chiltern Railways ignites closure fears after station is omitted off their website
Concerned Sudbury passengers fear a rail company is planning to axe their station from its route after its name disappeared from their website as one of its destinations.
Chiltern Railways, who run services from Central London to Buckinghamshire, via Sudbury and Wembley no longer list Sudbury and Harrow Road Station as one of their destinations.
Residents and regular passengers fear this is the first step in an eventual closure of the station after proposals were also launched to halve the number of trains serving the station.
Renu Kaul, chair of the Sudbury Town Residents’ Association told the Times: “First we hear that there are fewer trains stopping at the station and then I check the website and see that there is no Sudbury and Harrow Road listed at all.
You may also want to watch:
“There are more and more professionals moving into the area who need a fast and quick service into London.
“Why take this excellent service away - increase it dramatically I say”
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
However, Debbie Osborne, head of stations south at Chiltern Railways: “We have been experiencing some technical issues with our website regarding information about trains from Sudbury Hill Harrow.
“We would like to re-asssure our passengers that this is a technical fault and we are working on the website so that it is up and running as soon as possible.”
A consultation period into the proposed new timetable ended last month and a new timetable will be announced in November.