Comedian Francesca Martinez to host free disability event by Brent Council
- Credit: Archant
A top comedian is hosting a free event in Wembley to mark the International Day of People with disabilities.
Francesca Martinez, a stand up comedian, writer and actress with cerebral palsy, will be hosting the event on December 1 at Brent Civic Centre.
The theme of the day, which runs from 10am - 3pm, is ‘Achieving Goals for the Future We Want’ with aims to increase understanding of the barriers facing people with disabilities and promote participation and inclusion.
The event will incorporate a job fair where residents can find out about employment opportunities that may suit them.
There will also be a health and wellbeing zone where people can find out what support is available locally for disabled people from public, private, community and voluntary organisations.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for this free event organised by Brent Council includes refreshments and a light lunch.
To register to attend, please contact Jenny Duncan at email@example.com.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 9 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Residents are warned that places are limited so please confirm your attendance no later than November 28.