Colour Run event raises £10,000 for St Luke’s Hospice in Kenton
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people raised thousands of pounds for a Kenton charity by taking part in its first ever Colour Run event.
Participants were showered with bursts of bright paint powder as they walked, jogged or ran past fun colour stations as part of the event by St Luke’s Hospice which took place on Saturday.
So far £10,000 has been raised for the hospice in Kenton Road, but more money is expect to pour in over the next few days.
Trish Glynn and Liz Stagg were two of the 250 people who took part in the fun day.
They said: “Our dad passed away two years ago and it would have been his birthday today day so it’s lovely to do something like this in memory of him.
“We are long standing supporters, we both did the Midnight Walk and we give lots to the St Luke’s charity shops.
“We love the Midnight Walk but it’s great to do an event that the whole family can get involved in.
- 1 Brent triple shooting leaves victims in hospital
- 2 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 3 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 4 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 5 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 8 QPR boss Beale bemoans missed chances in Blackpool defeat
- 9 QPR left stumped by old boy Bowler in Blackpool loss
- 10 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
Alia Alteay, who took part with her friends, said: “It’s my 20th birthday and I wanted to do something fun for a good cause.
“A colour run was definitely on my bucket list. We are not very fit but we jogged a bit, walked a bit, and ran down the downhill at the end. The colour fight was the best bit!”
CJ Spicer, who is eight, was the first person to finish the run.
He said: “I like winning. I am very determined.
“Apart from coming first the best bit was throwing paint at my mum!”
St Luke’s will be holding its annual three-mile Santa Dash in Pinner on December 11.
Santa suits will be provided and participants will be given a well deserved mince pie and medal on completion.
Visit stlukes-hospice.org/events to register or call 020 8382 8112.