College of North West London celebrates National Apprenticeship week
- Credit: Archant
College hosts construction engineering and environmental technologies students
Teams of apprentices, students and staff from across London put their skills to the test on a specially constructed ‘big rig’ in Willesden this week.
The College of North West London played host to construction engineering and environmental technologies students in celebration of National Apprenticeship Week.
Working in teams of 8-12 members, the challenge was to install a hot water shower system powered by solar energy before showing a team of judges how it worked.
Arjan Patel, 44 from Kingsbury, is studying a Level 3 Technical Certificate in Plumbing at Harrow College.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “This has been a great experience. I’ve never worked with solar panels and solar PV before and now I know how it all works. I had to organise and manage the team and I think that we did really well – we spent time planning at the beginning of the challenge and that paid off as our rainwater collection was extremely efficient.”
Colleges that competed included; Newham Catholic College, Harrow College, Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College, Barking & Dagenham College, Uxbridge College, Havering College and Lambeth College.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears