Co-op supermarket to open in Queen’s Park
- Credit: Jon Super
Charities and jobseekers are to benefit from a new supermarket opening in Queen’s Park.
Co-op is serving up its newest food store in Salusbury Road on Friday following a £575,000 investment.
Nineteen full and part-time jobs have been offered at the shop which will have a Costa Coffee machine and cash machine as well as the usual fruit, veg, wines and other essentials.
Through the Co-op’s membership scheme members receive a 5 percent reward when buying own-brand products and services with the store donating 1 pc to charitable causes including Brent Bereavement Services and Wembley’s toddler and baby group Daniel’s Den. Members can then choose which group they would like to support online.
Umar Ullah, store manager, said: “We are delighted to have undertaken such a significant investment in Queen’s Park and are very proud to be part of this community.”
You may also want to watch:
Ben Reeve, area manager, added: “Our ambition is to ensure the store is a local hub for people living in the area.”
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 8 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 9 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent