Closed Wembley brothel and crack house hotel must stay shut for three more months
- Credit: Archant
A hotel in Wembley used as a crack house and brothel which was temporarily closed down must remain shut for three further months.
Brent Police obtained a closure notice against Wembley Inn Hotel in Ealing Road, after officers uncovered evidence of drugs on the premises during a police raid in January.
The hotel, which boasts 21 ensuite bedrooms with all amenities, received four out of five stars by a reviewer on online travel site Tripadvisor.
However residents had complained that it was being used for drug dealing and prostitution.
They also raised concerns over intimidating behaviour displayed by the constant flow of visitors to the building.
You may also want to watch:
The order which ran out on April 2 has been extended until July 2.
Chief Superintendent Michael Gallagher, Brent Police borough commander, said: “I will not tolerate any type of anti-social behaviour that can often blight our local communities.”
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 10 QPR boss 'disappointed' as two late goals cost his side at West Brom