Closed Wembley brothel and crack house hotel must stay shut for three more months
- Credit: Archant
A hotel in Wembley used as a crack house and brothel which was temporarily closed down must remain shut for three further months.
Brent Police obtained a closure notice against Wembley Inn Hotel in Ealing Road, after officers uncovered evidence of drugs on the premises during a police raid in January.
The hotel, which boasts 21 ensuite bedrooms with all amenities, received four out of five stars by a reviewer on online travel site Tripadvisor.
However residents had complained that it was being used for drug dealing and prostitution.
They also raised concerns over intimidating behaviour displayed by the constant flow of visitors to the building.
You may also want to watch:
The order which ran out on April 2 has been extended until July 2.
Chief Superintendent Michael Gallagher, Brent Police borough commander, said: “I will not tolerate any type of anti-social behaviour that can often blight our local communities.”
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 3 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 4 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 5 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 6 Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- 7 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 8 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 9 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 10 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed