Clarks sign up to the London Designer Outlet in Wembley
Shoe retailer will be returning to the borough with 5,295 sq ft branch
Clarks will be returning to Wembley after signing up to London’s first ever designer outlet centre.
The high street shop is the latest name to announce it will open a branch in the London Designer Outlet (LDO) in the heart of Wembley City.
The shoe retailer previously had a branch in Wembley High Road which closed several years ago.
Clarks, which was founded in 1825 and sells footwear in 35 countries, is now the biggest selling shoe brand in the UK and the world’s largest casual and smart shoe company.
It has signed a 10 year lease for a 5,295 sq ft branch within the 350,000 sq ft bespoke shopping centre – the only designer outlet within the M25.
Split over three levels, LDO is part of the �3.4billion, 85-acre regeneration project transforming the land surrounding Wembley Stadium and Arena.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 4 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 5 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 6 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 7 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 8 Injured moped driver appeal after Dollis Hill collision
- 9 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 10 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
The project by development specialist Quintain includes the creation of 85 designer retail units, 15 new restaurants, caf�s and coffee shops as well as a nine-screen Cineworld.
It also includes the new four-star Hilton Hotel which officially opened last week.
Phil Cottingham, head of retail at Quintain, said: “We are delighted to have signed such a prestigious British brand at Wembley. Clarks will be a major draw for local shoppers and international visitors alike, completing the strong line-up of international outlet brands.
“LDO will be London’s only designer outlet, so it’s essential that we offer strong retail brands that are familiar names both in the UK and to overseas shoppers.
“To this end, LDO and Clarks are a perfect fit.”