Clarks sign up to the London Designer Outlet in Wembley
Shoe retailer will be returning to the borough with 5,295 sq ft branch
Clarks will be returning to Wembley after signing up to London’s first ever designer outlet centre.
The high street shop is the latest name to announce it will open a branch in the London Designer Outlet (LDO) in the heart of Wembley City.
The shoe retailer previously had a branch in Wembley High Road which closed several years ago.
Clarks, which was founded in 1825 and sells footwear in 35 countries, is now the biggest selling shoe brand in the UK and the world’s largest casual and smart shoe company.
You may also want to watch:
It has signed a 10 year lease for a 5,295 sq ft branch within the 350,000 sq ft bespoke shopping centre – the only designer outlet within the M25.
Split over three levels, LDO is part of the �3.4billion, 85-acre regeneration project transforming the land surrounding Wembley Stadium and Arena.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 10 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden
The project by development specialist Quintain includes the creation of 85 designer retail units, 15 new restaurants, caf�s and coffee shops as well as a nine-screen Cineworld.
It also includes the new four-star Hilton Hotel which officially opened last week.
Phil Cottingham, head of retail at Quintain, said: “We are delighted to have signed such a prestigious British brand at Wembley. Clarks will be a major draw for local shoppers and international visitors alike, completing the strong line-up of international outlet brands.
“LDO will be London’s only designer outlet, so it’s essential that we offer strong retail brands that are familiar names both in the UK and to overseas shoppers.
“To this end, LDO and Clarks are a perfect fit.”