Christmas celebrity cash boost for Kensal Rise charity
Yoga centre receives generous donation from Trudie Styler
A yoga charity based in Kensal Rise has received an early Christmas present in the form of a generous donation from a celebrity fan.
The Special Yoga Centre in Wrentham Avenue has been given the cash boost from Trudie Styler, wife of singer Sting, after she was touched by the charity’s work.
The charity, whose patron is the Prime Minster’s wife Samantha Cameron, offers yoga therapy to more than 600 children a week throughout the UK.
Founded by Jo Manuel, the centre trains more than 70 yoga therapists a year who go on to help children with a range of special needs including those with cerebral palsy, down’s syndrome, ADHD, dyspraxia, autism and learning difficulties.
You may also want to watch:
All benefit from regular yoga therapy sessions which are offered by donation only.
After meeting Ms Manuel, Ms Styler was moved by the stories of the families bringing up children with special needs and knowing the benefits yoga can bring to both adults and children, she decided to support the charity.
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears
Ms Manuel said: “Yoga Therapy is essential for children’s well being, especially those with special needs.
“The families of these children are delighted that Trudie Styler has made such a generous donation.
“Children and families who are often can’t afford any therapy can now enjoy the benefits of a regular yoga routine. “We are encouraging everyone to sponsor a child’s yoga therapy session for Christmas.”
To make a donation and sponsor a child’s yoga therapy lesson or sponsor a school visit www.specialyoga.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.