Tickets go on sale for Christmas at Kenwood
Julia Gregory LDRS
- Credit: Christmas at Kenwood
A licence has been agreed for a winter light trail at Kenwood House this Christmas and tickets are now on sale.
The 1.4km Christmas at Kenwood attraction promises a “multi-sensory mix of light, fire and sound”, according to events company Kilimanjaro Live Ltd.
Adult tickets will cost between £21.50 off peak and £24.75 at peak times, with child tickets going for £14 and £17. There are also VIP packages.
Tickets are available from christmasatkenwood.com
Although a planning application remains pending, the attraction's application for an alcohol licence was given the green light by Camden Council on Tuesday.
One resident wrote about concerns that the lights “seem to project into the night sky, [and] this could have the potential to become light pollution”. But the company told the hearing: “It is not our intention to shine lights into the sky as part of the attraction.”
Christmas at Kenwood includes food stalls and two bars, though organisers are not now intending to include craft stalls.
It is expected that fewer than 5,000 people will be there at any one time.
The licence allows alcohol to be served from 11am to 11.30pm on Mondays to Saturdays and from 11am to 10.30pm on Sundays.
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 2 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 3 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 6 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 7 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
- 8 ‘Hello, Wembley’: New stage launch kicks off summer of live music
- 9 Report shows how much councils spend on electric vehicle chargers
- 10 Jailed: Killer who stabbed father to death for protecting teenage son
A planning application remains pending for the temporary attraction, which is planned for November 26 to January 9.