Chiltern Railways seat banner goes viral as listing on Depop
- Credit: Chiltern Railways
A bandeau made out of a social distancing banner went viral on Twitter last night.
The banners branded by Chiltern Railways, which operates a train line through Wembley Stadium, were being sold through buy-and-sell app Depop at £15-a-piece.
A photograph of the bandeau left comedy Twitter page Depop Drama “lost for words” as the tweet racked up almost 300,000 likes overnight.
Chiltern Railways said: “Whilst we appreciate this new take on railway memorabilia, these items are there to help customers travel with confidence and we would respectfully ask that they are left in place.”
A spokesperson for Depop said the listing was removed: “The item in question has already been removed from the app and the user has admitted it was taken from a Chiltern Railways train.
You may also want to watch:
“If we confirm any listings of further prohibited content on their account, we will take steps to permanently close this user’s account and ban them from the platform.”
- 1 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 2 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 3 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 4 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 5 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 6 MP Dawn Butler: Support available to get through lockdown
- 7 Dozens 'found breaching Covid restrictions' at shisha cafe
- 8 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 9 'Distress' as eggs thrown at ambulances in Neasden
- 10 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park