Charteris Sports Centre in Kilburn reopens
- Credit: Archant
Fitness hub was axed by Brent Council last year
A sports centre in Kilburn which was saved from closure has been reopened.
Charteris Sports Centre – shut down 18 months ago due to council funding cuts – has opened again thanks to a campaign from the Save Charteris Group (SCG).
Lloyd Fothergill, a member of SCG, told the Times: “We want to let people know that we are open for business and are ready to offer a range of classes for the public.”
The centre, in Charteris Road, will offer classes including Zumba, Circuit Training and Karate.
You may also want to watch:
The centre is open to the public on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, from 6-10pm, following its re-launch last week. For more information go to www.charterissports.org
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson