Charity needs your help
KIND-HEARTED charity workers are putting their best feet forward to raise much needed funds for their organisation. Staff at Brent Private Tenants Rights Group (BPTRG) are taking part in a sponsored walk on Sunday and are urging readers to follow their
KIND-HEARTED charity workers are putting their best feet forward to raise much needed funds for their organisation.
Staff at Brent Private Tenants' Rights Group (BPTRG) are taking part in a sponsored walk on Sunday and are urging readers to follow their lead.
The event, which starts at Battersea Park and ends at Hampton Court, has been organised by the London Legal Support Trust, which helps organisations that gives legal help to local people.
BPTRG, which was set up by private tenants in the 1980s, gives housing advice, helps families to find decent, well managed homes and brings tenants together to campaign for better services and laws to protect them.
You may also want to watch:
Jacky Peacock, director of BPTRG, said: "We have just moved to wonderful new and fully accessible premises and we are all set to expand our services to private tenants, homeless people and others in housing need.
"But the move was very expensive and we've overshot our budget, so we are having to launch a major appeal to stay afloat."
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
Anyone able to sponsor the walk can send a cheque to BPTRG, 36-38 High Road, Kilburn, NW6 7ST, or donate online at www.justgiving.com/Brent-Private-Tenants-Rights-Group.
For more information about BPTRG visit www.bptrg.org or call 020 7624 437.