Charity needs your help
KIND-HEARTED charity workers are putting their best feet forward to raise much needed funds for their organisation. Staff at Brent Private Tenants Rights Group (BPTRG) are taking part in a sponsored walk on Sunday and are urging readers to follow their
KIND-HEARTED charity workers are putting their best feet forward to raise much needed funds for their organisation.
Staff at Brent Private Tenants' Rights Group (BPTRG) are taking part in a sponsored walk on Sunday and are urging readers to follow their lead.
The event, which starts at Battersea Park and ends at Hampton Court, has been organised by the London Legal Support Trust, which helps organisations that gives legal help to local people.
BPTRG, which was set up by private tenants in the 1980s, gives housing advice, helps families to find decent, well managed homes and brings tenants together to campaign for better services and laws to protect them.
You may also want to watch:
Jacky Peacock, director of BPTRG, said: "We have just moved to wonderful new and fully accessible premises and we are all set to expand our services to private tenants, homeless people and others in housing need.
"But the move was very expensive and we've overshot our budget, so we are having to launch a major appeal to stay afloat."
- 1 Missing 12-year-old boy rom Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 5 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 6 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 7 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 8 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 9 Wealdstone still chasing new signings but patience is key, says Maynard
- 10 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
Anyone able to sponsor the walk can send a cheque to BPTRG, 36-38 High Road, Kilburn, NW6 7ST, or donate online at www.justgiving.com/Brent-Private-Tenants-Rights-Group.
For more information about BPTRG visit www.bptrg.org or call 020 7624 437.