Charity event being held to commemorate tenth anniversary of Brent MP’s death
- Credit: Archant
Paul Daisley died from colon cancer at the age of 45
A fundraising gala is being held in memory of a Brent MP on the tenth anniversary of his death.
Paul Daisley, the Labour MP for Brent East, lost his battle with bowel cancer in June 2003 at the age of 45.
His widow Lesley, who lives in Queen’s Park, established the Paul Daisley Trust five months later.
The charity raises awareness of bowel cancer, encourages early diagnosis and aims to help people suffering from it and their family.
You may also want to watch:
It also works closely with organisations such as Cancer Research and local hospices, providing equipment such as chemotherapy pumps and home physiotherapy services.
To date the trust has raised more than £100,000 through an annual cricket match, home parties, donations and other events.
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 4 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 5 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 6 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 10 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
The gala, who hopes to raise thousands of pounds, includes dinner with wines, live music and a silent auction.
Mrs Daisley told the Times: “This is a chance to celebrate 10 years of helping other people as well as commemorating 10 years since Paul died.
“He was an inspiration when he was alive and he continues to be an inspiration.
“Paul always enjoys a good time so this evening will be very special and enjoyable.”
The event is being held at the five star Grange City Hotel, 8 – 14 Coppers’s Row, Tower Bridge, London, on June 14.
Tickets cost £100 with £40 going to the trust.
For more information email PDaisleyTrust@aol.com or call 0208 968 4340.