Charity cash run
STUDENTS put their best foot forward for charity and raised hundreds of pounds in the process. A group of year 10 and 11 students and parents from Paddington Academy in Marylands Road, Maida Vale, completed a 5k run around Regent s Park to raise money t
STUDENTS put their best foot forward for charity and raised hundreds of pounds in the process.
A group of year 10 and 11 students and parents from Paddington Academy in Marylands Road, Maida Vale, completed a 5k run around Regent's Park to raise money to send two Ugandan girls to school.
The pupils decided to do the run after listening to an assembly on Uganda and the money raised will help pay for two scholarships, which will fund each girl for three years of secondary education.
A total of 27 runners braved freezing temperatures to do the run with the first crossing the line in 28 minutes and all completing it in an hour and a half in December.
You may also want to watch:
Osama Darwish, assistant principal, Paddington Academy, said: "The students have worked very hard to help such an important cause - and all through their own initiative. I'm extremely proud of them.
The students now hope to continue their fundraising activities by starting a three-way partnership between Paddington Academy, a secondary school in Uganda and another school in Calgary, Canada.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 3 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 4 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 5 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 6 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 9 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 10 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre