Charity cash run
STUDENTS put their best foot forward for charity and raised hundreds of pounds in the process. A group of year 10 and 11 students and parents from Paddington Academy in Marylands Road, Maida Vale, completed a 5k run around Regent s Park to raise money t
STUDENTS put their best foot forward for charity and raised hundreds of pounds in the process.
A group of year 10 and 11 students and parents from Paddington Academy in Marylands Road, Maida Vale, completed a 5k run around Regent's Park to raise money to send two Ugandan girls to school.
The pupils decided to do the run after listening to an assembly on Uganda and the money raised will help pay for two scholarships, which will fund each girl for three years of secondary education.
A total of 27 runners braved freezing temperatures to do the run with the first crossing the line in 28 minutes and all completing it in an hour and a half in December.
You may also want to watch:
Osama Darwish, assistant principal, Paddington Academy, said: "The students have worked very hard to help such an important cause - and all through their own initiative. I'm extremely proud of them.
The students now hope to continue their fundraising activities by starting a three-way partnership between Paddington Academy, a secondary school in Uganda and another school in Calgary, Canada.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 Wealdstone settle for a draw against Aldershot Town