Chance to see new-look Charteris Sports Centre
Open day to be held this weekend
Fitness enthusiasts will have the chance to take a sneak preview of the new-look Charteris Sports Centre this Saturday.
The centre, which was shut down eighteen months ago due to council funding cuts, is set to open again after refurbishments costing hundreds of thousands of pounds by new owners, a private schools group needing extra gym facilities.
Plans are underway for the centre, in Charteris Road, to be open to the public outside class hours.
Matt Ulterino of the Save Charteris Group, which campaigned to ensure continued public access to the centre, said: “We are delighted at this generous offer by the Centre’s new owners, and have brought in specialised sports consultants to help us work through the details. We are now spreading the word among potential users and class leaders.”
You may also want to watch:
The open day will run from 10.30am-2.30pm on Saturday September 22.
- 1 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 4 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 5 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 6 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 7 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 8 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 9 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 10 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns