Chamberlayne Road closure sparks traffic ‘chaos’ in Kensal Rise
- Credit: Archant
Road users have complained of traffic ‘chaos’ in Kensal Rise as a month of road closures and bus diversions starts today.
Residents reported severe disruption as vehicles were diverted around Chamberlayne Road between Bannister Road and Buller Road as Thames Water carries out a month of planned maintenance works.
Traffic on Chamberlayne Road is being controlled using two-way temporary signals and buses have been re-routed.
Drivers have taken to social media this to air their frustrations, with one user Emma Sinclair Tweeting:“Dear @Brent_Council. If you’ve closed chamberlayne road do you think you might sort the traffic lights out to minimise current unnec chaos?”
Local road user Jasmin railed: “zero thought has been put into the traffic diversion re chamberlayne road, absolutely ridiculous.”
You may also want to watch:
Motorists have reportedly been moving council traffic cones in an attempt to continue their journey via Chamberlayne road.
The council road closures were due to start today but were brought forward by three days on Friday after a water main burst, causing the carriageway to collapse.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 8 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 9 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
Residents are set for at least a month of bus and traffic diversions with Chamberlayne Road closed between Bannister Road and Buller Road, and number 28, 52, 316 and 452 buses will be diverted until February 12.
From February 15 until mid-March, the diversions will continue while Bannister Road is closed at the junction of Chamberlayne Road.
For further information see the Brent Council wesbite.