Chalkhill Primary School Boys’ Choir tour local primary schools to inspire kids
- Credit: Archant
Boys in a Wembley school’s choir enjoyed a day out touring nearby primary schools to inspire more boys to take part in singing.
Chalkhill Primary School Boys' Choir performed songs at Leopold Primary, Ark Academy, Oakington Manor and Oliver Goldsmith schools on February 5.
Marcu, a year 6 pupil at the Barnhill Road school, said: "We had so much fun singing to different schools and we had such a fantastic time!"
Fellow chorister Zakariye,added: "We enjoyed visiting different schools and performing for them. I made some new friends and hope to go again."
The choir was set up three years ago by music teacher James Rose "with the hope of inspiring more boys to take part in singing" after attending a Brent Music Network meeting.
You may also want to watch:
"I found that there is a lack of boys singing in schools across Brent," he said. "This made me think of how great it would be to take the Chalkhill Boys' Choir on a tour of local primary schools, to inspire other boys and girls to get involved and that singing is for everybody to enjoy.
"The boys did a fantastic job and grew in confidence with every performance. It was a great experience for them to sing in front of different audiences and in different surroundings. I am so proud of what they have achieved and the feed back from the other schools has been very positive!"
- 1 Gun shot at wall during 'terrifying' burglary in Wembley
- 2 Police continue Wembley murder investigation after footage emerges
- 3 Two arrested after man survives being stabbed in Wembley
- 4 Bailed: Four men arrested in connection with Sven Badzak killing in Kilburn
- 5 Appeal to send Wembley great-gran 101 birthday cards to 'make her day'
- 6 QPR defender Dickie praises the board and manager for change in fortunes
- 7 New vaccine and test centre opens in Willesden Green mosque
- 8 Man jailed after victim stabbed with machete in Neasden burglary
- 9 Murder investigation launched after teen fatally stabbed in Wembley
- 10 Warning after fridge-freezer causes blaze in Cricklewood flat