Celebrity dog show this weekend in aid of Kensal Green charity
- Credit: Archant
You’d be barking mad not to attend a celebrity dog show in aid of a Kensal Green charity this Sunday
Hyde Bark, in aid of the Mayhew Animal Home in Trenmar Gardens, is set to be a star-studded event with a host of celebrities, including Blackadder’s Sir Tony Robinson and Dr Margaret Mountford, best known for the Apprentice.
Aby King will be at the event in Hyde Park giving a reading from her series of fictional children’s books based on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s pet dog, Lupo.
There will be a celebrity dog show including best veteran and best rescue dog. Visitors can have some laughs at Temptation Alley, watching pets resist treats and temptation.
A sponsored dog walk starts at 12.30pm and is £10 per pooch.
It’s also an opportunity to visit the animal welfare officers and vet tent, to get advice from dog trainers and pet behavioural specialists.
With refreshments, entertainment, face painting, children’s activities it promises to be a day of fun and fundraising.
- 1 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 2 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 3 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 4 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 5 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 9 Possible traffic disruptions in north London this week
- 10 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
All money raised will go directly to helping Mayhew’s homeless animals.
Hyde Park, Sunday July 5, 10am - 5pm
For more information click here