Celebrate St George's Day
by Alex Wellman Tea, sandwiches and a good old sing song will be served up at the borough s libraries during a very English celebration. Cricklewood Library in Olive Road, Cricklewood, Barham Park library in Harrow Road, Wembley, and Will
by Alex Wellman
Tea, sandwiches and a good old sing song will be served up at the borough's libraries during a very English celebration.
Cricklewood Library in Olive Road, Cricklewood, Barham Park library in Harrow Road, Wembley, and Willesden Green Library in Willesden High Road will all be celebrating St George's Day.
Traditional English tea with cucumber sandwiches and cake will be served at both Cricklewood and Barham Park libraries on Thursday while people enjoy a sing along with songs from the music halls.
You may also want to watch:
Cricklewood Library will be celebrating from 11am to 12pm and Barham Park Library will be doing the same from 2pm to 3pm.
Willesden Green Library will be providing a week long series of kids' events celebrating England's Patron Saint.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
All week children's under 5s sessions will celebrate St George through stories and crafts.
The library will also hold displays and promotions celebrating England's rich literature and history.
On the day itself a drama group will be putting on a performance of the classic novel The Wind in the Willows from 5.30pm to 7pm.
All events are free and there is no need to book and for more information call 020 8937 3149 and visit www.brent.gov.uk/libraries
Patriots in Camden can get in touch with their roots at a special day of song and dance.
The English Folk Dance and Song Society and Roots magazine will be performing a celebratory gig of traditional folk artists at in Cecil Sharp House, Regent's Park Road.
Tickets cost �10 and to book visit www.wegottickets.com or call 020 7485 2206.