Celebrate St George's Day
by Alex Wellman Tea, sandwiches and a good old sing song will be served up at the borough s libraries during a very English celebration. Cricklewood Library in Olive Road, Cricklewood, Barham Park library in Harrow Road, Wembley, and Will
by Alex Wellman
Tea, sandwiches and a good old sing song will be served up at the borough's libraries during a very English celebration.
Cricklewood Library in Olive Road, Cricklewood, Barham Park library in Harrow Road, Wembley, and Willesden Green Library in Willesden High Road will all be celebrating St George's Day.
Traditional English tea with cucumber sandwiches and cake will be served at both Cricklewood and Barham Park libraries on Thursday while people enjoy a sing along with songs from the music halls.
Cricklewood Library will be celebrating from 11am to 12pm and Barham Park Library will be doing the same from 2pm to 3pm.
Willesden Green Library will be providing a week long series of kids' events celebrating England's Patron Saint.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 5 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 6 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
All week children's under 5s sessions will celebrate St George through stories and crafts.
The library will also hold displays and promotions celebrating England's rich literature and history.
On the day itself a drama group will be putting on a performance of the classic novel The Wind in the Willows from 5.30pm to 7pm.
All events are free and there is no need to book and for more information call 020 8937 3149 and visit www.brent.gov.uk/libraries
Patriots in Camden can get in touch with their roots at a special day of song and dance.
The English Folk Dance and Song Society and Roots magazine will be performing a celebratory gig of traditional folk artists at in Cecil Sharp House, Regent's Park Road.
Tickets cost �10 and to book visit www.wegottickets.com or call 020 7485 2206.