Celebrate St George's Day
by Alex Wellman Tea, sandwiches and a good old sing song will be served up at the borough s libraries during a very English celebration. Cricklewood Library in Olive Road, Cricklewood, Barham Park library in Harrow Road, Wembley, and Will
by Alex Wellman
Tea, sandwiches and a good old sing song will be served up at the borough's libraries during a very English celebration.
Cricklewood Library in Olive Road, Cricklewood, Barham Park library in Harrow Road, Wembley, and Willesden Green Library in Willesden High Road will all be celebrating St George's Day.
Traditional English tea with cucumber sandwiches and cake will be served at both Cricklewood and Barham Park libraries on Thursday while people enjoy a sing along with songs from the music halls.
You may also want to watch:
Cricklewood Library will be celebrating from 11am to 12pm and Barham Park Library will be doing the same from 2pm to 3pm.
Willesden Green Library will be providing a week long series of kids' events celebrating England's Patron Saint.
- 1 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 2 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 7 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 8 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 9 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 10 Kilburn councillor resigns from Labour group to become Independent
All week children's under 5s sessions will celebrate St George through stories and crafts.
The library will also hold displays and promotions celebrating England's rich literature and history.
On the day itself a drama group will be putting on a performance of the classic novel The Wind in the Willows from 5.30pm to 7pm.
All events are free and there is no need to book and for more information call 020 8937 3149 and visit www.brent.gov.uk/libraries
Patriots in Camden can get in touch with their roots at a special day of song and dance.
The English Folk Dance and Song Society and Roots magazine will be performing a celebratory gig of traditional folk artists at in Cecil Sharp House, Regent's Park Road.
Tickets cost �10 and to book visit www.wegottickets.com or call 020 7485 2206.