CCTV footage of Kensal Green ‘hitman’ schoolboy captures contract killing
Teenager seen blasting young mother with shotgun
Detectives have released chilling footage capturing the moment when a young mother was gunned down by the country’s youngest contract killer.
Santre Sanchez Gayle, 16, of Compton Road, Kensal Green, was just 15 when he shot dead 26-year Gulistan Subasi on her mother’s doorstep in Hackney, east London, on March 22 last year.
Issak Billy, 21, of Oxford Road, Ladbroke Grove, has also been convicted of Ms Subasi’s murder after the Old Bailey heard he recruited Gayle to carry out the killing.
Billy and Gayle, a former pupil of City Academy in Willesden who was known as ‘riot’, will be sentenced tomorrow for carrying out the brutal contract killing for which the teenager was paid �200.
You may also want to watch:
DCI Jackie Sebire said: “The CCTV footage is truly frightening and shows the youth exhibiting no doubt or hesitation as he approached the flat, rang the bell and then shot Gulistan as she opened the door.
Since his arrest he has shown no sign of remorse or comprehension for the devastation he has brought to the Subasi family.”
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Dykes hurt as QPR topple Hatters to end season on winning note
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
Ms Subasi was gunned down in cold blood as she stayed at her mother’s home during a visit from Turkey where she lived.
Her 44-year-old mother Dondu Subasi has been left in pieces following her murder.
In a witness impact statement, she said: “I was devastated when my daughter was killed in front my eyes and this took its toll on my life and health.
“After I lost my daughter, I could not stay in the house where the incident took place. I was frightened to stay on my own, day or night-time, and I would panic.
“I do not feel that life is worth living anymore.
“If I do not take a sleeping pill I have nightmares.
“The incident did not only cause me to lose my unique daughter but I also lost my grandson. My grandson’s face is the same as Gulistan’s. Unfortunately I cannot see my grandson at the moment, I can only look at my grandson’s photos. This is a terrible pain for me.”
Gayle and Billy will be sentenced tomorrow (Tuesday).