Caterer who died in Wembley garage fire was cooking food
- Credit: Archant
A caterer died when smoke filled the garage where she had been cooking food at her Wembley home on Thursday.
Daphne Gordon was rescued by firefighters after a small fire broke out in the Bowrons Avenue outbuilding to the rear of her home, where she was cooking, shortly before 1am on Thursday.
Ms Gordon collapsed and was unconscious when fire crews wearing breathing apparatus pulled her from the building.
She was taken by London’s air ambulance team to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington where she later died.
A spokeswoman for Westminster Coroner’s Court confirmed Ms Gordon’s death was reported to them on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
The death has been deemed non-suspicious and the coroner will not be ordering an inquest into her death.
Ms Gordon was a well-known figure in the Wembley community.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
Her family has requested privacy.
London Fire Brigade posted a statement to its website confirming a woman rescued from a garage fire in Bowrons Avenue had “sadly died in hospital” on Friday.
Did you know Ms Gordon and would like to pay tribute to her? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.