Search

Caterer who died in Wembley garage fire was cooking food

PUBLISHED: 18:08 20 January 2016 | UPDATED: 18:08 20 January 2016

Coroners have named the victim of a garage fire in Wembley as Daphne Gordon

Coroners have named the victim of a garage fire in Wembley as Daphne Gordon

Archant

A caterer died when smoke filled the garage where she had been cooking food at her Wembley home on Thursday.

Daphne Gordon was rescued by firefighters after a small fire broke out in the Bowrons Avenue outbuilding to the rear of her home, where she was cooking, shortly before 1am on Thursday.

Ms Gordon collapsed and was unconscious when fire crews wearing breathing apparatus pulled her from the building.

She was taken by London’s air ambulance team to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington where she later died.

A spokeswoman for Westminster Coroner’s Court confirmed Ms Gordon’s death was reported to them on Friday.

The death has been deemed non-suspicious and the coroner will not be ordering an inquest into her death.

Ms Gordon was a well-known figure in the Wembley community.

Her family has requested privacy.

London Fire Brigade posted a statement to its website confirming a woman rescued from a garage fire in Bowrons Avenue had “sadly died in hospital” on Friday.

Did you know Ms Gordon and would like to pay tribute to her? Email imogen.blake@archant.co.uk.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Brent & Kilburn Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Related articles

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Kilburn Times