Cash boost for children’s park in Cricklewood
- Credit: Archant
Recreation space in Mapesbury Dell has been awarded a £4,600 grant
Shiver me timbers, children will be able to walk the plank again in a Cricklewood park thanks to funding to repair a pirate ship play feature.
The children’s play area in Mapesbury Dell, off Hoveden Road, will undergo a £4,600 makeover following a donation from The Veolia Environmental Trust.
In addition to the new feature, a maple leaf table and chairs will also be installed in the children’s’ play area and repairs will be undertaken.
Tom Putnam, from the trust, said: says, “Great things just keep happening for Mapesbury Dell.
You may also want to watch:
“The other week the trust hosted an open air opera evening, which was a first for any Brent park, and it was a tremendous success.
“This week it is the grant from trust which means that we can now set about fixing our pirate shipwreck and making the play area even better.”
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 6 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 10 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden