Cash boost for children’s park in Cricklewood
- Credit: Archant
Recreation space in Mapesbury Dell has been awarded a £4,600 grant
Shiver me timbers, children will be able to walk the plank again in a Cricklewood park thanks to funding to repair a pirate ship play feature.
The children’s play area in Mapesbury Dell, off Hoveden Road, will undergo a £4,600 makeover following a donation from The Veolia Environmental Trust.
In addition to the new feature, a maple leaf table and chairs will also be installed in the children’s’ play area and repairs will be undertaken.
Tom Putnam, from the trust, said: says, “Great things just keep happening for Mapesbury Dell.
You may also want to watch:
“The other week the trust hosted an open air opera evening, which was a first for any Brent park, and it was a tremendous success.
“This week it is the grant from trust which means that we can now set about fixing our pirate shipwreck and making the play area even better.”
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 6 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 7 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 8 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn