Cash boost for borough’s CAB
COUNCIL chiefs have thrown a lifeline to struggling families by bankrolling an expansion of advice centres across the borough. Brent Citizens Advice Bureau (BCAB) will be opening in five new Children s Centre after receiving additional funding from Brent
COUNCIL chiefs have thrown a lifeline to struggling families by bankrolling an expansion of advice centres across the borough.
Brent Citizens Advice Bureau (BCAB) will be opening in five new Children's Centre after receiving additional funding from Brent Council.
BCAB currently has advisors in children centre's in Harlesden, Wembley, Kilburn, Willesden and Kingsbury, who provide a vital service for residents.
Jacqueline Car, BCAB manager said: "At a time of recession and high unemployment, more Brent families than ever are struggling to make ends meet. Brent CAB provides an essential role in supporting these families.
You may also want to watch:
"We are very grateful to Brent Council for awarding us the contract to help even more families."
Last year BCAB advisors operating at the centres raised more than �2 million for residents by recovering child benefit, housing benefit and debt relief for struggling families.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 5 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
This money helped 6,393 children including 3,233 children under five. Brent Council is BCAB's second biggest funder this year.
To find out more details about the location of the children's centres and times when CAB advisors are there, pick up a leaflet from BCAB at 270-272 Willesden High Road, Willesden, or visit www.brentbrain.org.uk