Campaigners film movie urging Ealing Council to dump the dump in Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
‘Dump the Dump’ is the working title of a new video featuring residents fighting to stop a giant incinerator being installed in Harlesden.
Cllr Zaffar Van Kalwala, is behind the camera of the five minute film being sent to the leader of Ealing Council, Julian Bell, and the authority’s councillors.
“We’ve got up to 10 residents in Brent and Ealing, young and old, campaigners, concerned residents and councillors,” said Cllr Van Kalwala, a committed campaigner against the development who represents Stonebridge ward.
Campaigners fear Clean Power Properties’ planning application for the incinerator at Willesden Freight Terminal in Channel Gate Road will increase air pollution and traffic volume.
Ealing Council’s planning committee deferred its decision on August 14, pending further reports.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Van Kalwala hopes the video will be complete by next week.
To contact him email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 10 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden