Campaigners film movie urging Ealing Council to dump the dump in Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
‘Dump the Dump’ is the working title of a new video featuring residents fighting to stop a giant incinerator being installed in Harlesden.
Cllr Zaffar Van Kalwala, is behind the camera of the five minute film being sent to the leader of Ealing Council, Julian Bell, and the authority’s councillors.
“We’ve got up to 10 residents in Brent and Ealing, young and old, campaigners, concerned residents and councillors,” said Cllr Van Kalwala, a committed campaigner against the development who represents Stonebridge ward.
Campaigners fear Clean Power Properties’ planning application for the incinerator at Willesden Freight Terminal in Channel Gate Road will increase air pollution and traffic volume.
Ealing Council’s planning committee deferred its decision on August 14, pending further reports.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Van Kalwala hopes the video will be complete by next week.
To contact him email email@example.com
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears