Call for Guantanamo truth
by Nadia Sam-Daliri The Government has been accused of complying with the torture of a resident from the borough who is being held in Guantanamo Bay. A High Court ruling on Wednesday alleged that Binyam Mohamed, 30, of Ladbroke Grove, had
by Nadia Sam-Daliri
The Government has been accused of complying with the torture of a resident from the borough who is being held in Guantanamo Bay.
A High Court ruling on Wednesday alleged that Binyam Mohamed, 30, of Ladbroke Grove, had suffered torture since he was captured by the US authorities in 2002.
Mr Mohamed, who came to London as an asylum seeker from Ethiopia, was taken to Morocco for 18 months before being transferred to the notorious US camp, where he remains.
You may also want to watch:
Conservative backbencher David Davis said in the House of Commons that the High Court ruling was prevented from being made public following pressure from the US Government.
Mr Davis urged foreign secretary David Miliband to 'explain what the devil is going on'.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 4 Search continues for Agnes Akom after human remains found in Neasden
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 7 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 8 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 'I had to develop a thick skin': England's first black footballer Benjamin Odeje on encountering racism