By-election date set for Kensal Green following councillor’s sudden death
- Credit: Getty Images
The by-election date has been announced in Kensal Green following a councillor’s sudden death
Voting will take place at seven polling stations in Kensal Green on December 17th.
The announcement by Brent Council follows the death of Cllr Dan Filson at home in Bathurst Gardens on October 30 aged 67.
Nominations for candidates must be submitted to the returning officer at Brent Civic Centre, in Engineers Way, by 4pm on Friday 20 November.
The person elected on 17th December will be in place until May 2018, the remainder of the standard four year term of office for a councillor, and will serve alongside Labour’s Cllr Claudia Hector and Cllr Matt Kelcher elected to that ward in May 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone eligible but not currently registered to vote has until midnight on December 1 to register if they wish to vote in the by-election at gov.uk/registertovote or collecting a registration form at Brent Civic Centre, where help and advice is also available.
Anyone already registered but who wants a postal vote has until 5pm on Wednesday 2 December to submit an application form, which they can obtain by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 4 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 5 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 6 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Alternatively a form can be downloaded at www.aboutmyvote.co.uk.
Those unable to access the internet can call the Council’s Electoral Services office on 020 8937 1372.