Aldi launches major recruitment drive in north London
- Credit: PA
Supermarket chain Aldi is recruiting 40 new staff members for its Little Venice, Camden and Kilburn stores.
Aldi announced the major recruitment drive today - January 31 - as a result of "continued growth across the region".
It is Britain’s fifth largest supermarket chain with over 950 stores and around 38,000 employees.
Aldi regional managing director Graham Hetherington said he was "really excited" about the job creation in London.
He said: "Aldi’s increased popularity and customer demand for quality products allows us to keep growing and create more and more new employment opportunities across the region.
“Working at Aldi means more than just having a job; we really care about our colleagues, both personally and professionally."
The chain advised potential candidates to visit the store before the interview, do some desk research and "show enthusiasm".
- 1 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Northwick Park NHS Trust still 'requires improvement'
The discount supermarket chain is looking for three assistant store managers, 10 deputy store managers and 30 store assistants.
The assistant store manager is salaried at £33,815, rising in increments to £41,235 in year five.
Deputy store managers start off at £12.55 per hour, with store assistants making £11.55.