Santander confirms 20 London branches will close
- Credit: Casey Gutteridge
Santander is set to close its branches in Wembley and South Harrow, as well as others in London - according to reports.
It has been widely reported this morning (Friday, July 2) that the bank will close 75 high street outlets, having previously confirmed 111 would shut before the end of summer.
Santander has said 452 will remain open. Those closing will be within three miles of another branch.
London Santander branch closures include:
Bethnal Green, Bethnal Green Road,
Chelsea, Chelsea Kings Road,
Chingford, Chingford Old Church Road,
Harold Hill, Farnham Road
Hounslow, Bath Road,
London Bridge, Southwark Street,
Mill Hill, Broadway,
Norbury, London Road,
Putney, High Street,
South Harrow, Northolt Road,
Southgate, Chase Side,
Surbiton, Victoria Road,
Twickenham, King Street,
Upper Edmonton, Fore Street
Wembley, Preston Road
A statement from Adam Bishop at Santander read: “Branch usage by customers has fallen considerably over recent years so we have made the difficult decision to consolidate our presence in areas where we have multiple branches relatively close together.”
Customers with concerns are advised to call a helpline: 0800 085 0879.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 9 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 10 'A national shame': Damning review of Euro 2020 final chaos