Santander confirms 20 London branches will close
- Credit: Casey Gutteridge
Santander is set to close its branches in Wembley and South Harrow, as well as others in London - according to reports.
It has been widely reported this morning (Friday, July 2) that the bank will close 75 high street outlets, having previously confirmed 111 would shut before the end of summer.
Santander has said 452 will remain open. Those closing will be within three miles of another branch.
London Santander branch closures include:
Bethnal Green, Bethnal Green Road,
Chelsea, Chelsea Kings Road,
Chingford, Chingford Old Church Road,
Harold Hill, Farnham Road
Hounslow, Bath Road,
London Bridge, Southwark Street,
Mill Hill, Broadway,
Norbury, London Road,
Putney, High Street,
South Harrow, Northolt Road,
Southgate, Chase Side,
Surbiton, Victoria Road,
Twickenham, King Street,
Upper Edmonton, Fore Street
Wembley, Preston Road
You may also want to watch:
A statement from Adam Bishop at Santander read: “Branch usage by customers has fallen considerably over recent years so we have made the difficult decision to consolidate our presence in areas where we have multiple branches relatively close together.”
Customers with concerns are advised to call a helpline: 0800 085 0879.
- 1 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 2 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 3 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 6 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 9 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds