Iceland opens new Swift convenience store in Wembley
- Credit: Iceland
Supermarket chain Iceland has opened a new convenience store in Wembley.
Swift, located on the High Road near Wembley Central station, aims to provide "excellent value for money and enhanced convenience", according to Iceland.
It is the second pilot store - and the first in London - that the retailer has opened as part of its trial of the convenience store format.
The first Swift opened in Newcastle last year and, following the Wembley launch, the retailer has confirmed plans for three more stores in London this year.
Swift offers a range of chilled, fresh and frozen food and groceries, including a wide selection of alcohol and food-to-go products.
The Wembley shop also features a Costa Express machine and PayPoint service.
Iceland managing director Richard Walker said: "Swift stores offer a convenience store layout, with an enhanced range of chilled food and ambient grocery and a condensed frozen range.
- 1 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 2 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 10 Northwick Park NHS Trust still 'requires improvement'
"We are exploring three additional Swift store openings to widen our trial, all inside the M25, and look forward to seeing how customers respond to our ‘Fast, Fresh, Local’ proposition."