Building on a brighter future
A TEENAGER has joined the borough s housing management company as part of a young apprentice scheme. Arron Qureshi, 17, from Brent, has started his role as a plumbing apprentice at Brent Housing Partnership (BHP), as part of a scheme run by the London Ap
A TEENAGER has joined the borough's housing management company as part of a young apprentice scheme.
Arron Qureshi, 17, from Brent, has started his role as a plumbing apprentice at Brent Housing Partnership (BHP), as part of a scheme run by the London Apprenticeship Company.
He will be working alongside repair contractors Linbrooks and one of their qualified plumbers to carry out routine maintenance repairs in BHP homes.
Arron said: "It's been the best thing I have ever done! I am learning so much and work in a job that I enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
"I would encourage young people who are looking for work to sign up to apprenticeships because there are so many benefits."
The scheme aims to place more than 1,000 young people in apprenticeships in the next two years in a variety of sectors.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 3 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 6 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 10 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
The Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, who is supporting the scheme, said: "Many employers will tell you how taking on an apprentice is a fantastic way to bring fresh talent and energy into the team and build a basis for future growth."
Young people in Brent interested in apprenticeships should visit www.londonapprenticeship.co.uk or ring 020 7963 8548 for more information.