Build a business brain in South Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
Budding business entrepreneurs in South Kilburn will have the opportunity to partake in a free innovative programme over the summer.
South Kilburn Trust and Ultra Education have joined forces to offer seven to 19-year-olds the chance at building business minded brains.
The workshops, which will run every Thursday from this week to the 31st August, are designed to help children and young people to build resilience, self-esteem, teamwork, leadership skills and improve their communication skills.
The programme has been carried out elsewhere since 2014 and is the idea of Julian Hall of Ultra Education.
He said: “‘Entrepreneurship is now an essential life skill which should be taught at an early age.
You may also want to watch:
“Helping children and young people think entrepreneurially will give them the tools to increase their life chances in the future.
The workshops will be held at the South Kilburn Studios NW6 5SW. The programme is primarily for youngsters in South Kilburn but there are also limited spaces for young people from Brent.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 4 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 5 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 'We're angry': London councillors demand Met tackles violence to women
- 8 FA Cup defeat ranks among one of the most 'gutting' for Wealdstone
- 9 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 10 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
Sessions will run from 10am-4pm. Those between the ages of 7-11 will work in one group and 12-19 will be part of a second workshop.
If you would like to learn more about this programme, visit http://ultra.education/course/south-kilburn-summer-entrepreneurship-programme/