Bubble rush around Kenton raises £35,000 for St Luke’s Hospice
- Credit: Archant
More than 500 residents raced through a sea of bubbles in a Kenton park raising more than £35,000 for their local hospice.
St Luke’s Hospice, in Kenton Grange, hosted its first Bubble Rush event on September 16 to raise much needed funds - and money is still coming in.
Families, friends and colleagues turned out to enjoy the 5km multi-coloured bubble-filled route around Kenton Recreation Ground.
Kath McBrien, who took part with her husband and three children, said: “I took part with the whole family. We had a great time running through the coloured bubbles. My son loved throwing the bubbles around and getting totally covered in soap suds!
“We knew the kids would have a great fun day out and it helps to support the hospice at the same time.”
You may also want to watch:
Jayna Patel, events fundraiser at the charity, said: “It was fantastic to see so many supporters at our first Bubble Rush.
“People of all ages came together to show their support. Everybody had lots of bubbly fun and helped to raise an amazing £35,000 and counting. The money will make an invaluable impact in helping the hospice continue its vital work which is all provided for free.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
She added: “We would like to thank all the volunteers that came together on the day, to our sponsor Trust Ford and to the Baladia Group and Shree Swami Narayan Temple Kingsbury for marshalling and encouraging our Bubble Rushers!”
St Luke’s will be holding its annual Santa Dash in Pinner on December 10.
Santa suits will be provided and participants will be given a mince pie and medal on completion.
To take part in the fun-filled three mile dash visit stlukes-hospice.org/santadash or contact 020 8382 8112.