Brother of Wembley woman Saima Ahmed makes new appeal over her mystery death

PUBLISHED: 19:59 30 August 2016 | UPDATED: 20:05 30 August 2016

Saima Ahmed lived in Wembley

Saima Ahmed lived in Wembley


The brother of a woman who was found dead in Edinburgh months after going missing from her Wembley home says it has been “difficult to find closure” one year on from her disappearance.

Ms Ahmed’s last movements

8.30am - Ms Ahmed leaves her home in Oakington Manor Drive.

9.57am - She is captured on CCTV alone in High Road, Wembley.

10.00am - She is believed to have withdrawn money from her Natwest account at the ATM outside the branch in High Road, Wembley.

10.08am - captured on CCTV alone entering Wembley Central Railway Station

10.18am - She is seen boarding a London Overground service bound for Watford Junction at Wembley Central station. She appears to have been alone.

11.06am - believed, but not confirmed, to have boarded a train bound for Northampton.

The death of Saima Ahmed, 36, remains unexplained after her body was discovered in the Scottish capital in January.

Police have launched a fresh media appeal to try gain some new information about her last movements and uncover what led to her death 400 miles from her home in Oakington Manor Drive.

Today Ms Ahmed’s brother Sadat met with police and media at Gogarburn golf course, close to where his sister’s body was found off Gogarstone Road.

Mr Ahmed said: “She was a very loving and caring person. We were a very close family and she would do anything for anyone.

“We’ve been struggling since - it’s been difficult without having any answers and it’s been difficult to find closure and move on.

“Both the Scottish and the Met police are doing everything they can and there has been quite a large media appeal today, and hopefully from that someone will come forward with some new information.”

CCTV footage captured Saima Ahmed at Wembley Central stationCCTV footage captured Saima Ahmed at Wembley Central station

Ms Ahmed, a librarian was reported missing in August last year by her family and her remains were found at Gogar Mount House on January 9.

Detective Chief Inspector Martin MacLean said: “Today is the exact one-year anniversary since Saima Ahmed went missing from her home address in the Wembley area of London on August 30.

“We have been refreshing the media appeal again today with some co-ordinated activity in Edinburgh, London and at train stations where we believe Saima travelled at this time last year.

“Saima’s cause of death remains unascertainable, which was the verdict of the post-mortem.

“It’s been very difficult for Sadat and his family. We still don’t know definitively why Saima came to Edinburgh at this time last year.”

Five Metropolitan police officers are being investigated for their initial handling of the missing person search.

The Directorate of Professional Standards has referred the force’s handling of the inquiry to the Independent Police Complaints Commission watchdog, along with a complaint from Ms Ahmed’s family.

Two officers have been served with notices for gross misconduct and three for misconduct.

Related articles

Most Read

Latest from the Kilburn Times

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists