Knifeman on loose shuts down Brondesbury overground station
- Credit: Archant
A knifeman went on the loose inside a London Overground station this afternoon.
Armed officers from the British Transport Police (BTP) swooped in on Brondesbury overground station in Kilburn High Road at 2pm following reports of a man brandishing a knife inside.
One eyewitness outside the station, which was on lock down during the incident, described seeing officers armed with guns, tazers and truncheons pull up outside the station in two vans before pouring into the station whilst a police helicopter hovered overhead.
A BTP spokesman confirmed a man has been detained and searched.
“There are no reported injuries,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 QPR suffer defeat to rivals Fulham
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed