Baroness Doreen Lawrence to champion Wembley charity’s parenting classes at a Mother’s Day fundraising gala
- Credit: Archant
The mother of murdered Stephen Lawrence is supporting a fundraiser for a Wembley parenting charity.
Baroness Doreen Lawrence is a keynote speaker at the Brilliant Parents Mothers Day Awards in Bloomsbury on April 6 where she will talk about the challenges of motherhood in the 21st century.
Brilliant Parents, a social enterprise in Quad Road, has a mission to normalise parenting classes.
Its “Triple P” – Positive Parenting Program – has been commissioned by councils, schools and the NHS to deliver six- and nine-week courses to struggling families.
Meave says parenting classes should be as readily available as antenatal classes.
You may also want to watch:
“We are a small organisation with a big agenda,” she said.
“We want to be the catalysts for a national conversation on the vital importance of giving all parents a toolbox of effective strategies and skills for the job.”
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 4 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 5 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 10 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
Tickets are £60 for dinner and dance or £15 for the dance only. Doors open at 5.30pm at the Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, Coram Street.
For tickets click go to brilliantparents.org/mothersday