Baroness Doreen Lawrence to champion Wembley charity’s parenting classes at a Mother’s Day fundraising gala
- Credit: Archant
The mother of murdered Stephen Lawrence is supporting a fundraiser for a Wembley parenting charity.
Baroness Doreen Lawrence is a keynote speaker at the Brilliant Parents Mothers Day Awards in Bloomsbury on April 6 where she will talk about the challenges of motherhood in the 21st century.
Brilliant Parents, a social enterprise in Quad Road, has a mission to normalise parenting classes.
Its “Triple P” – Positive Parenting Program – has been commissioned by councils, schools and the NHS to deliver six- and nine-week courses to struggling families.
Meave says parenting classes should be as readily available as antenatal classes.
You may also want to watch:
“We are a small organisation with a big agenda,” she said.
“We want to be the catalysts for a national conversation on the vital importance of giving all parents a toolbox of effective strategies and skills for the job.”
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
Tickets are £60 for dinner and dance or £15 for the dance only. Doors open at 5.30pm at the Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury, Coram Street.
For tickets click go to brilliantparents.org/mothersday