Brent youngsters scoop regional final of sporting contest
- Credit: Archant
Eurica Mae Medina, 14, and Micah Salmon, 17, crowned winners of the The Jack Petchey Foundation London Schools Table Tennis Championships Singles
Two Brent youngsters claimed the top spot in the regional final of a prestigious west London table tennis competition.
Eurica Mae Medina, 14, and Micah Salmon, 17, defeated 43 others from seven schools in Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hillingdon and Hounslow, to be crowned winners of the The Jack Petchey Foundation London Schools Table Tennis Championships Singles.
Eurica, a student at Wembley High Technical College, won the girls under-16 categorywhile Mica, a student at Capital City Academy who also plays for the Capital City Club and has been practising for four years, won the boys under-19s. He said: “I can’t believe I am the west London champion and I can’t wait for the final.”
The event was held at the Capital City Academy in Doyle Gardens, Willesden.
You may also want to watch:
Eurica and Micah now have their sights set on the final which will take place on June 18 at the University of East London.
The Jack Petchey London Schools’ Table Tennis Championships initiative is organised by the English Table Tennis Association and designed to get more young people interested in playing the sport. It involves individual and team competitions open to boys and girls in full-time education at U11, U13, U16 and U19 age groups.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 10 Man in hospital following shooting in Neasden