Brent Young people challenge stereotypes
YOUNG people in Brent led a debate on how they are portrayed in the media and challenged stereotypes in talks on how to change perceptions. Sarah Teather MP Minister of State for Children and Families headed up an expert panel that also included Brent pol
Watch a larger version HERE
YOUNG people in Brent led a debate on how they are portrayed in the media and challenged stereotypes in talks on how to change perceptions.
Sarah Teather MP Minister of State for Children and Families headed up an expert panel that also included Brent police commander Chief Supt Matt Gardner, Cllr Roxanne Mash, co-chairwoman of Brent Youth Parliament, Andy Hamflett, chief executive of the UK Youth Parliament and Andy McCorkell, Times news editor.
The panel fielded a number of questions from an audience of young people, and key figures agreed a number measures to improve communication and raise the profile of youth issues.
Visit the Willesden & Brent Times every day this week to view short films of the debate.
For the next clip click here.
You may also want to watch:
Don't forget to visit tomorrow as short clips are being uploaded every day this week.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1