Brent to welcome Olympic Torch next July
Supporters will line streets to celebrate landmark day
The date has been set for when Brent will welcome the Olympic Torch Relay to the borough.
The Olympic Torch will be carried by Torchbearers through the borough on Wednesday, July 25, 2012.
The date was revealed today by the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG).
Cllr Ann John OBE, leader of Brent Council, said: “Welcoming the Olympic Flame and witnessing the spectacle of the Olympic Torch Relay will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for most of us.
You may also want to watch:
“I know Brent residents will be joining me on July 25 in supporting those who have been chosen to run with the Olympic Flame, cheering them on and joining in the countdown to the start of the Games.”
Sebastian Coe, Chair of LOCOG said; “We are thrilled to confirm that Brent will act as a host location for the Olympic Flame on 25 July 2012, extending an invitation to people across the borough to welcome the Olympic Torch Relay during its journey around the UK.”
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 3 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 8 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 9 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 10 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
Further details on the route the Olympic Flame will take will be announced nearer to the event.