Brent to welcome Olympic Torch next July
Supporters will line streets to celebrate landmark day
The date has been set for when Brent will welcome the Olympic Torch Relay to the borough.
The Olympic Torch will be carried by Torchbearers through the borough on Wednesday, July 25, 2012.
The date was revealed today by the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (LOCOG).
Cllr Ann John OBE, leader of Brent Council, said: “Welcoming the Olympic Flame and witnessing the spectacle of the Olympic Torch Relay will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for most of us.
You may also want to watch:
“I know Brent residents will be joining me on July 25 in supporting those who have been chosen to run with the Olympic Flame, cheering them on and joining in the countdown to the start of the Games.”
Sebastian Coe, Chair of LOCOG said; “We are thrilled to confirm that Brent will act as a host location for the Olympic Flame on 25 July 2012, extending an invitation to people across the borough to welcome the Olympic Torch Relay during its journey around the UK.”
- 1 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 2 QPR boss pleased with Man United win and now looking to tie down Odubajo
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 5 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 6 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 9 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
- 10 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
Further details on the route the Olympic Flame will take will be announced nearer to the event.