Brent students will strut their stuff at dance extravaganza in Willesden
Six schools from across the borough will be taking part in Step into Dance event
Students from six schools in the borough will be strutting their stuff at a dance extravaganza taking place nest week.
The youngsters will be showing of their best footwork at the event organised by Step into Dance, a community youth programme which aims to encourage greater participation in all forms of dance.
The students, aged between 11 and 16, will show off their dance talents to an audience of friends, teachers, families and fellow pupils at Capital City Academy in Doyle Gardens, Willesden, on April 17.
Groups that show real dedication and commitment will be invited by Step into Dance to represent Brent at Step LIVE! 2012 which be held at Southbank Centre on July 7.
Sue Goodman, Step into Dance Artistic Director, said: “For many of our dancers, this will be the first time they have performed in public, so understandably they are excited about showcasing their skills to an audience here in Brent as well as the chance to take their performance to Southbank Centre in July”.
Step into Dance, a partnership programme between the Royal Academy of Dance and The Jack Petchey Foundation, is the biggest secondary school community dance programme in the UK.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 9 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
The schools taking part are Preston Manor, Wembley High Technology College, The Village School, Capital City Academy, Queen’s Park Community School and Kingsbury High School.
For more information visit www.stepintodance.org