Brent students will strut their stuff at dance extravaganza in Willesden
Six schools from across the borough will be taking part in Step into Dance event
Students from six schools in the borough will be strutting their stuff at a dance extravaganza taking place nest week.
The youngsters will be showing of their best footwork at the event organised by Step into Dance, a community youth programme which aims to encourage greater participation in all forms of dance.
The students, aged between 11 and 16, will show off their dance talents to an audience of friends, teachers, families and fellow pupils at Capital City Academy in Doyle Gardens, Willesden, on April 17.
Groups that show real dedication and commitment will be invited by Step into Dance to represent Brent at Step LIVE! 2012 which be held at Southbank Centre on July 7.
You may also want to watch:
Sue Goodman, Step into Dance Artistic Director, said: “For many of our dancers, this will be the first time they have performed in public, so understandably they are excited about showcasing their skills to an audience here in Brent as well as the chance to take their performance to Southbank Centre in July”.
Step into Dance, a partnership programme between the Royal Academy of Dance and The Jack Petchey Foundation, is the biggest secondary school community dance programme in the UK.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
The schools taking part are Preston Manor, Wembley High Technology College, The Village School, Capital City Academy, Queen’s Park Community School and Kingsbury High School.
For more information visit www.stepintodance.org