Brent students nervously wait for their GCSE results today
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Nervous pupils across Brent are preparing for a day of reckoning as GCSE results are released today.
Secondary schools across the borough will be opening their doors to hand out the long-awaited results envelopes to Year 11s.
You can keep up-to-date with the latest results and stories from your local schools here throughout the day.
Our reporters will be visiting schools across the borough during the morning, speaking to students and teachers about the results.
Ofqual, England’s exam watchdog, has warned that GCSE maths, English and science results could drop this year due to changes made in order to address concerns over grade inflation.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the number of pupils achieving A* to C grades was down by just 0.4 per cent, with girls out performing the boys.
Almost eight per cent more girls achieved the target A* to C grades in 2012, an improvement on the seven per cent margin in 2011.
- 1 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 6 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
But will the trend continue in 2013?
Check all the latest results as they’re released via the Brent & Kilburn Times.