Brent scam sisters busted by boobs
Pair paid for breast augmentation using stolen details
TWO sisters who underwent boob jobs were busted after they funded the enlargements with stolen credit cards.
Rishona Carlene Downes, 25, of Riffel Road, Willesden, and Ramona Charlene Downes, 27, of Clement Close, Kilburn, flashed the plastic for their enlargement operations using the details supplied by a friend.
Southwark Crown Court heard Ramona went under the knife after her partner complained about her being flat-chested and her sister felt deflated after giving birth to a baby boy.
The women were caught after the rightful owners of the cards noticed the charges on their statements.
You may also want to watch:
Prosecutor Karen Robinson told the court that the sisters both had their boob jobs at the Harley Medical Group within a month of each other in September and October 2008.
They paid �4,295 for the operation and were arrested in March 2009 with the friend who provided them with the credit card details.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 6 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Summer in the City: Five things to do in Brent this weekend
Both had denied fraud claiming they had thought that the card details their friend had given them were her own.
They said she had told them they would be able to pay her back when they could so had no idea the details were stolen.
The friend, who works for a credit card provider and cannot be named for legal reasons, admitted paying for her own breast enlargement surgery using stolen card details.
All three women are facing jail.
Judge Christopher Hardy granted them bail ahead of sentencing on April 4, and ordered pre-sentence reports to be carried out by the probation service.