Brent’s ‘Final reminder’ vows to help raise money for charities across the borough
Band promises to do gigs for good causes for free
A group of Brent residents have come together to form a 1960’s tribute band that donate all their profits to charity.
With more than 200 years experience between them, ‘Final Reminder’ hope their musical talents will raise much needed funds for worthy causes.
Brian Lee, 62, is one of the founding members of the band which also include Big Dave, 63, Little Dave, 55, Brian, 62, and 60-year-old Mo.
He said: “We had all been involved with other bands which, over the years had disbanded, and so we thought we would get together for one final hurrah - before senility finally set in!”
You may also want to watch:
Initially beginning by playing “all sorts of music”, the decision to concentrate on music from the 60’s was hardly difficult for the band as it was the era all five members grew up in.
And Brian joked it also meant they didn’t have to worry learning the lyrics to new songs.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 5 Neasden businessman left in lurch by HSBC loan programme
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'savoured' his side's penalty shoot-out win over Everton
- 7 QPR pull off upset with penalty shoot-out win over Everton
- 8 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 9 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
Final Reminder offer their services to charities for free by performing at fundraising gigs and events across the borough.
Brian said: “We play across the whole of the borough and all money goes to charity.
“We are looking for more gigs to play over the coming months and would love to hear from charities or organisations who would like us to perform.”
For more information about final reminder or to book them for an event call 07930 524246.