Brent’s enviromental campaigners to hold a special meeting in Willesden
‘Never Mind the Polar Bears, What Will We Eat?’ will take place tomorrow
Environmental campaigners will be holding a meeting in Willesden tomorrow (Wednesday) to discuss how climate changes are affecting food prices.
The aptly-named ‘Never Mind the Polar Bears, What Will We Eat?’ will cover the latest scientific evidence claiming that the disappearance of the Arctic ice cap will have a knock-on effect on residents.
According to evidence, food prices in Britain are expected to surge and the risk of further floods and droughts will increase in other parts of the world.
The meeting organised by Brent Campaign against Climate Change and Brent Friends of the Earth will include expert speakers, followed by a discussion.
You may also want to watch:
It will take place at the Pakistan Community Centre in Marley Walk, Station Parade, Willesden Green (just behind Willesden Green tube station) at 7.30pm.
Entry is free and all are welcome.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 5 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
For more information visit www.brentfoe.com.